B.A.: FOUNDER AND LAWYER (1946 - 1965)
T. Edgar Reilly established the law practice in 1946. The location of the practice has always been in the area of Coxwell and Danforth. The firm has been located in its current location since 1965.
T. Edgar Reilly married Dorothy Jean Reilly in 1949 and was the father of six children. Two of his children became lawyers and both practiced in this office at various points in their careers. Jean Reilly took over the law practice in 1965 after her husband’s passing. In 2011 the office was taken over by Mary Reilly as managing partner.
T. Edgar Reilly operated a general practice representing clients in litigation, real estate, corporate, and wills and estates administration. T. Edgar Reilly enjoyed the practice of law and was committed to providing legal services to the community of East York.
As an advocate for the community, T. Edgar Reilly ran in two Canadian federal elections in the early 1960s. His memorable campaign slogan, “Be vocal, Vote local” was recounted years after his passing. He was a very involved member of his community.